Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just in the process of changing my front sprocket 0n my 954...but can't figure out which way the bolt turns...the main bolt that is...left to loosen...or is it different then normal ones? Also, do I push the tire in to get the chain off or is there an easier way...

Thanks

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
It helps to have someone apply the rear brake when loosening/tightening the front sprocket bolt. The rear wheel needs to be immobilized or it'll just keep moving.

·
Registered
210 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
It helps to have someone apply the rear brake when loosening/tightening the front sprocket bolt. The rear wheel needs to be immobilized or it'll just keep moving.
Or jam a metal bar in between the rear wheel and swingarm. ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's a Right Hand Thread!! ** 14 mm ** Sockett/ Re torque to 45 ft lbs!!
Also good idea to change the CUPPED washer that goes against the Sprockett
It tends to go flat after time. It's meant to help hold the Sprokett in Place !! Just put a straight edge up against it and if it's not cupped ** FLAT ** replace it. I made up a small spacer ( .010" ) thick and put it between the Cupped Washer and the Sprockett, To give it a bit more crush !!
I just pushed the real wheel all the way forward that gave me enough clearance to remove the chain . And held the back brake on to stop the wheel from turning.
Hope this Help's :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
it came off fine for me with just a socket wrench. I always see these posts and wonder why its so hard for everyone else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts