Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Does anyone have any experience fitting clutches in these bikes? If so, do I just order up a friction plate and unbolt / rebolt it all? Or do I need to order new springs and the clutch plates too? Also, do I need to drain the oil first? I read somewhere that its a wet clutch... Its an NC23 RRJ 1988 if that helps any Cheers, Blakey

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Blakey it is a wet clutch so you will have to drain the oil first or get very messy. I believe these are a multi-plate clutch so you'll have to buy the lot - lets face it, you won't want to go back in to change one or two plates a couple of weeks later anyway. Oh, and remember the order you take the plates out in because you'll have to repeat it putting the new ones in.

You may want to consider changing the clutch basket as well, as these things get old and bits start wearing out, they, too, can cause problems...

I would strongly advise getting a Haynes manual before you do this work as it runs through all the steps you're going to need to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.