Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a set of 180 super corsa on my 2007 Cbr 1000 and I just read that switching to a 180 is not good but I have talked to several people and they said it would handle better and not be a prob I want some opinions on the matter from people who know the science and applications for geometry on this subject pls my life is valuable to me and many others it seems to be great performing tire that I can really push but now I'm worried

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you are not having traction problems, then the 180 will be fine. The turn in response is supposedly better with the 180 size tire.

Reactions: bladeracer

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I recently put a set of 180 super corsa on my 2007 Cbr 1000 and I just read that switching to a 180 is not good but I have talked to several people and they said it would handle better and not be a prob I want some opinions on the matter from people who know the science and applications for geometry on this subject pls my life is valuable to me and many others it seems to be great performing tire that I can really push but now I'm worried

The choice is your own personal preference.
The tyre profile is more than capable of doing the job though, even on a race track.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love it responds better and more lean angle is available I believe I was just concerned about seeing a vid by Dave moss saying if the bike came with 190 then never change it I would agree with factory 180 going to 190 may be a prob but thanks guys I feel better lol most people I talk to say no prob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now on to my suspension questions about upgrades they quit making ohlins sleeves for my bike so trying to figure it out but I will post that later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts