Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks....I have just replaced the stator on my 2000 Blade with an electrex one....I tested the battery for charge....it was 12.6 volts with the engine off and 14-14.5 with the engine at 5000rpm with the lights off. When I turn the lights on it drops to 11.8-12 volts ???? Could it be the rectifier?, the stator has only been on a couple of weeks surely it cant of packed in already?...any advice appreciated...................cheers.......... dave

·
Banned
474 Posts
I don't know if it was this site or the other sites I torment, but there was a wire harness that showed a 3a kind of connection to a 7a kind of connector. Then I saw the same reg/stator show a 5a and 5a kind of balance to it.

It goes something like this. Did you plug in a 5 into a 3 and come up with an 8 trying to match 10? Do you see the parts in the abstract needing a balance? I'm not that smart enough to see the amp out the stator to the aftermarket part matching a balance of the two.

Bottom line, that's WATT I think you are up against.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Na, it's more, No OE, no help from me. You are sort of on your own. I know enough that which is a balance between parts. That's why the shop manual says to measure this resistance value to this balance to the other part we designed. We build formula in electrical parts. You'll be on the meds trying to stick a circle in a square hole kind of aftermarket parts swapping?

Wait for others to chime in. Sounds more like a tent bike. No offense. Inside joke.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL I haven't a clue what you are saying. I have replaced the stator with the correct replacement part with a slightly different design to help cooling from electrex. It is their like for like listed part. Anyways I have fixed it now...you are entertaining but sound barking mad to me.......all the best

·
Banned
474 Posts
I have fixed it now...you are entertaining but sound barking mad to me.......all the best
That's a chuckle. I agree I entertain myself at your expense and maybe it rubs off, but to be barking mad at your problem(s)? I'd be a tiny upset if my bike gave me a little grief, but that's the fun side of working on the bike. Funny how language comes across and it's not even my bike? :rotfl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts