Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with my bike dying. It all started on Friday. I went to the gas station to fill up, went to start my bike and nothing happened. I took the battery home and charged it enough to get the bike home. I let the battery sit on the charger all weekend, took the bike out Sunday night just to see if everything was okay and I litterally watched it die at a stop light. Luckily I saw one of the guys I ride with and he gave me a push to get home( 1 min. from were it died). I just put a BRAND NEW , FULLY CHARGED battery in it today. Rode to work, 5 mins. from home it died on me again. My question is, wouldn't this be a problem with charging system? If so, does anyone have any idea if it is expensive to get the charging system worked on?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
FWIW - you might be able to successfully troubleshoot the system yourself, and then order the necessary parts from one of the site sponsors (yes, cheap).

Also, which bike?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
First I'd make sure the stator is putting out current, should be over 14 volts, if its not either its bad or the voltage regulator. But it sounds like your running off just the battery, and when its discharged too much, it dies. ON older cars you could get a ways like this if all the accesories were off. But on a bike, where the headlight is always on, and the batterys are typicaly as small as possable, you probaly cant run it long without the charging system charging.\

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts