Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like the blade stopped charging the battery and everything died. I figure it's either the rectifier, or the stator. From what I hear the stators are known to fail. Is there a way to isolate the problem, so I know if my rectifier is still good.

thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
looks like the blade stopped charging the battery and everything died. I figure it's either the rectifier, or the stator. From what I hear the stators are known to fail. Is there a way to isolate the problem, so I know if my rectifier is still good.

thanks in advance.
Have you checked voltage across the battery with the engine running?
Stators and regulators both fail but I would think the stator is slightly more common. Often seen by a melted connector so check that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Briggy,
my 2007 Fireblade has just done the rectifier and stator. Found out it was this problem after buying a new battery and having the bike drained of all power after several hours riding.
If you can get a spare battery that is fully charged, go for a ride, however make sure you have your other fully charged battery with you. Being stranded is not fun.
My baby is currently in being fixed under warranty. Honda are aware it is a problem, however as yet there hasn't been a recall such as was done with the '04/'05 Fireblades. Now I am 3 weeks without my ride, waiting for the part to be shipped to Oz. Not a happy chicka.
cheers
Ree

1 - 3 of 3 Posts