Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

If my stator dead and my battery has no juice left why does my bike keep running wouldn't it shut off because the stator not charging? Please don't flame I don't know anything about motorcycle charging system

·
Registered
902 Posts
A toasted stator has lots of burned windings of soft copper, but may have enough to put out something close to battery volts. Your battery is going to need at least 13 volts from all three phases to stay at 100% charge.

Don't worry, your stator will get worse. When the tach goes to zero and the instruments go blank, then you better start looking for a place to pull over.

·
Registered
685 Posts
exactly, one or two of your windings could be junk.This would cause the bike to still run after a jump start ,but would not be enough to put any meaningful charge to the battery .Mine would run after i threw the battery on the charger ,and would stay running until i shut it off, then nothing when i went to start it n ext time.Removed the stator to find 2 windings toasted.Switched it out with a new one,and it runs just fine......DennisKirk - Home page has the best deals i found,and 1 year warranty on stators from Electrosport brand they sell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts