Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if you have not heard a bunch of Aussie TV comedians ran a fake motorcade through 2 security checks and got much closer to the Bush and other Apec leaders than they ever should have. What joke, one was dressed up as Bin Laden :rotfl: and their security passes read "insecurity" - they made the security look pretty darn silly. One of the chasers was quoted as saying "lucky it was us and not Al Qaeda" How much money and security planning went into this only to be penetrated with minimal planning by a bunch of amateurs...

Sydney has apparently put in place the tightest security measures in history for the summit.

But despite those measures, eyebrows were raised when 11 members of an Australian comedy show were arrested Thursday after duping APEC officials with a fake motorcade, carrying an actor dressed up as Osama bin Laden.

The motorcade, bearing a Canadian flag, got within metres of Sydney's InterContinental Hotel where Bush was staying before it was stopped. At that point, it had already passed two security checkpoints when guards waved them on.

The show, "The Chaser's War on Everything" is an Australian Broadcasting Corporation program. The public network released a statement shortly after the cast and crew members were arrested, saying it was never their attention to enter a restricted zone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Sort of amusing that they did a fake motorcade but once they start entering restricted areas the joke goes away.

Will be interesting to see if this ends up in court (and I think it will)

·
Registered
272 Posts
See i dont find the chasers all that funnay, more like a bunch of dickheads who coul;dnt really get a real job and did that to get by, but hey, good luck to em.

BUT for them to get by security like that, thats ACTUALLY good for something , that something is to teach the people who plan these gigs that they arent doing something right. What a joke ...

If anything heads will roll, and the job next time will be better. People can only learn from mistakes they have made in the past.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
If anything heads will roll,
I dont think it will be too bad.
A couple of people on checkpoint duty will be given a talking to.

But the chaser guys could end up with a gaol sentance - I doubt it will go that far, but I wouldnt be surprised if they got a fine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I found what they did funny, I mean come on the guy dressed like Bin Laden and he had the beard and everything.

Anyway in my opinion the APEC summit is bs, its wasted money entertaining politicians. I mean Bush called it OPEC :clap: its obviously very important.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts