Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my stock fork springs with Ohlins springs (.95, I weigh 205 without gear) but now the front end seems to be riding high. I was just wondering with sag set correctly how would I go about getting the front and rear even. Do I just go by feel or is there some method to the madness? Also if anyone else has the same spring rate I would be interested in what settings you are running. (compression/rebound-front/rear) Thanks in advance, and by the way this site is awesome.:thumb: There is a lot of great information here.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
When I had a spring rate that high my forks were lowered a 11mm in the triple clamps. When I had the new ones put in, am flush with the triple clamps.

Lowering the triple clamps will cause your bike to turn in quicker but may be offset by the additional ride height.

If you do this take your time to re-learn the bike in the turns.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
The person that owned it before me had the set up done. Exactly how or why they came up with that, I dunno.

One of the racers will chime in a bit.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Yeah, I was concerned about the same thing. Luckily I had my suspension done at a local track where they set the sag, rebound and everything else that went into it. Even adjusted out the ohlins shock as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts