Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
k. thanks for not helping at all. a tight budget is because of a bad economy.
He did help you.
A good battery might cost twice as much but last four times as long.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Whatever you do, don't go cheap on a battery. I did with motorcycle batteries usa and got burned big time. Crap battery that left me sit and I shipped it back with a refund that I never got and they never returned my e-mails. Buy local so when it dies within a month, you can get a replacement. I realize the economy but I've been burned so many times with batteries that I just buy local only now. It only hurts once when you pay for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll never cheap out on any electrical componants.. I cheaped out on a stator and 3 months later I was ordering a new one.. :huh:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know a cheaper battery won't last as long, ya get what you pay for.

Anyone have a cheap battery in their bike that lasted at least 2 years?

If so, post the brand of your battery please.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had Yuasa in my blade from new & it lasted 20 months. Warranty said they would refund $30 back to me. I didn't bother. I priced a Yuasa at the time I think it was $205. I would of spent the money but guy at bike shop said spend a $100 for a Road King (thats the brand). Its lasted longer than the Yuasa & so far has been money well spent. I think ive had it for about 2 years now + half the cost.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Go to WAL-MART they have them for around 45us. It can last for about 3 to 4 years, they are not high end but it will get your baby up and running

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
My Yuasa has lasted since 2005... Still going strong.

While your at it buy yourself a battery tender - they help keep them strong when they don't get used.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Oxford/Optimate/Accumate make battery tenders/optimisers... Walmat probably do their own brand which probably does the same thing, just with a different packaging.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts