Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
That's cheap for a full suit !! It'd probably hold up better than your average jeans, that's for sure :thumb:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That's cheap for a full suit !! It'd probably hold up better than your average jeans, that's for sure :thumb:
:plus1: and it's definitely gonna hold up better than a t-shirt. I paid about $700 for my Teknic suit. That was one of the cheapest ones I found that I really liked. I'm glad I went with it though because of the fit. It's perfect.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I found someone that can make custom ladies leathers (men's too) Owner seems really nice and willing to work with my ideas - good prices. I just asked about getting my custom pants done in camo leather so I don't look so squiddly. I still want a black and with gold trim set but the full suit is $799 + 260 for the GP padding. Still cheaper that the ill fitting shite I've found so far. Decent colour choices and they require lots of measurements so the fit should be beautiful!
Spartanleathers.com

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumping back from the dead, getting refund money and debating.....Also, here is how the suit looks post crash:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
If you didn't get this suit yet please don't....Get a name brand suit, remember you get what you pay for. It may be good when you're wearing it, but may not be so good when you fall in it. Not every crash happens the same way with the same end result. STG has a good deal on Teknic suits, and you get a free pair of gloves...might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spina, I saw that sale, unfortunately it's only on the 2013 Xcelerator that you get free gloves :( I don't really have spare $$ for a name brand suit atm. Lambchops, did you notice that the tear was from where he hit a reflector in the road with his knee down in a prior incident? I will keep looking though.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Don't know what size you are, but Riders Discount is clearing out a size 42 Alpinestars suit (1499) for 699...

Rediculous that the org won't let me post a link from RC51forums. :rolleyes:
It's in the For Sale section if you're interested.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be awesome. I'm only getting back $500 in taxes, $200 is going to chain and sprockets. :( I still don't have boots yet either haha. But I may need to toss my money into a valve adjustment instead :X grrrr.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
That would be awesome. I'm only getting back $500 in taxes, $200 is going to chain and sprockets. :( I still don't have boots yet either haha. But I may need to toss my money into a valve adjustment instead :X grrrr.
You can afford a used Teknic with the money you have, here is an example, there were many more like it, ebay is your friend.

Teknic Suit Size 44 | eBay

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Here is what my Teknic suit looks like after 10 years of crashes, now retired. Then think about what that guy in the video suit looked like after 1 crash. This was so many crashes I lost count.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I know they cost a lot:crap: but if you need one today and don't have any money.... get it:thumb: well never mind!!! find on On Ebay like the spina220 put up!!! but if you don't need it today??? if you have winter gear or waiting to ride till spring summer??? wait for a deal on a nice new suit!!! they last so much longer, things like zippers and seams fail fast in cheap gear:crap: the other stuff seems to be ok, I guess:hmm: I saw two suits that where 1,900$ suits, they where on 65% off at a shop by my house:eyebrows: came out to be about 799$ for one and 895$ or something??? fit me so good!!! the features of the suits where so sweet:D I was looking at two one was Dainese was a alpinestar. they where both there top models!!! but I just dropped about a thousand bones on my bike in the last few weeks:crying: so that's out for a little bit... till summer anyway, because I have nice winter gear;) :plus1: plus it's cold and rainly here, it's not like I gonna be racing:rotfl: that 200$ suit looks like you would freez!!!!! if you where to where that in potland OR in the winter, unless you had all the heated gear under it, or so much other gear it would not fit!!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I drive my 99 M3 in the winter (we get a LOT of snow too)...crazy right? It's still sub 30* right now. But if I don't get a suit right away, I'll end up spending it on a valve adjustment and wearing jeans + my leather jacket when it gets warmer.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Why is it crazy that you drive a 99 M3? if it is stock then it is completely fine with a decent set of tires.

If you cant afford atleast something like teknic, then save up your money. I have a second hand Teknic, and it has been crashed probably a dozen times. Friend of mine gave it to me. It is in better shape then Spinas haha.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's not stock haha. I have almost every N/A bolt on (need injectors + cams, currently @ 239whp/232wtq). The crazy part is driving an M3 in the winter with lots of snow... it is fun though. Guess I'll just get my valves done for now, then get a cheap used suit when I move someplace warmer.

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's not stock haha. I have almost every N/A bolt on (need injectors + cams, currently @ 239whp/232wtq). The crazy part is driving an M3 in the winter with lots of snow... it is fun though. Guess I'll just get my valves done for now, then get a cheap used suit when I move someplace warmer.
The 1999 E36 M3 is supposed to have about 320hp at the crank. Which should equate to more than 240 at the wheel. It should be putting down at or more than 260.
Or do you have the 290hp 3.0L version of the M3?

sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The e36 m3 has only 240 at the crank in the 3.2L here in the US, around 200whp +/- 5hp. The 320/290hp M3 was in europe only :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts