Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ahhhhh caught my engine case on some big speed bumps does any1 know a cheap place to get 1 from

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
ahhhhh caught my engine case on some big speed bumps does any1 know a cheap place to get 1 from
Do you mean the oil pan?
Can yours be welded?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, I am looking for an engine case too. mine was laid down and i cracked the thin collar that the stator cover bolts to, and i showed it to several welders and none of them will weld it, they say its to thin and will leak. so if you find a place to get a case, please let me know and i'll do the same for you. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
mine was broken when i got the bike ,,new cover and JB Weld the broken piece back on the engine ,,6,000 miles and still holding

·
Registered
175 Posts
mine was broken when i got the bike ,,new cover and JB Weld the broken piece back on the engine ,,6,000 miles and still holding
I have seen this type of repair hold up for thousands of miles if done correctly. Clean the area with contact cleaner first! Put the JB weld on the INSIDE of the motor if possible, this allows gravity to draw the goop through the cracked/damaged area where the oil would have gone. Finish it off with some jb weld on the outside for good measure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am just updating everybody......... I FINALLY got an engine from FireBlades.org member Superbs929rr. Excellent deal and good communications......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts