Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
XLink Kai is a global gaming network - bringing together XBox, Playstation 2 and Gamecube users, in one integrated community. It is software running on your PC or Macintosh that allows you to play system-link enabled games online for free. Kai is the only service that is not console specific, and boasts one of the friendliest communites available.
Thats a pretty cool idea

·
Registered
117 Posts
I dont know if anybody else remembers this program I'm refering to or not, but I used something like that a few years ago for Halo 1. It was through gamespy. It was a program that you ran on your computer that tricked your xbox (which is hooked into your computer via ethernet cable) into thinking it was just system linked across a room, due to the program sending the signals across the net. It seemed like kind of a basic program back then, and whoever was the host of the game had a lag-free advantage. It wasnt without it's shakey problems however, but it was a damn good idea, and it allowed you to play halo over the net :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is software running on your PC or Macintosh that allows you to play system-link enabled games online for free
My understanding from this is that games that are only able to be played system-linked, not xbox live (Halo 1, etc..) can now be played "online". Not really intended for games that are already xbox live/PS2 online capable, just the system-link-only titles. BTW, I just now noticed the free part :eyebrows:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goose said:
My understanding from this is that games that are only able to be played system-linked, not xbox live (Halo 1, etc..) can now be played "online". Not really intended for games that are already xbox live/PS2 online capable, just the system-link-only titles. BTW, I just now noticed the free part :eyebrows:

:eyebrows: Right! Free is good! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts