Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea I was on my way home from work and i was going no more then 35mph when my check oil light came on lost power then it went off all of a sudden and then gained power and bike ran fine it did one more time before i got home. Checked the oil it was fine didnt see any leakege anywere. So i decided to take it out and see if it did it agian. Before i i took off i listened to the engin there was no pinging or knocking the motor sounded fine it was idealing fine. Then took off agian and it did it numerious times i would just lose complete power when the check oil light came on. Then a couple of time the throttel would feel boggy after it would do it and i would have the throttel response..so if this has happened to anyone plz help...:crying: :crap:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Yea I was on my way home from work and i was going no more then 35mph when my check oil light came on lost power then it went off all of a sudden and then gained power and bike ran fine it did one more time before i got home. Checked the oil it was fine didnt see any leakege anywere. So i decided to take it out and see if it did it again. Before i i took off i listened to the engin there was no pinging or knocking the motor sounded fine it was idealing fine. Then took off agian and it did it numerious times i would just lose complete power when the check oil light came on. Then a couple of time the throttel would feel boggy after it would do it and i would have the throttel response..so if this has happened to anyone plz help...:crying: :crap:
No error lights and temperature is normal?
I'd check the vacuum hose on the fuel pressure regulator. Excess fuel could thin the oil causing loss of pressure and could also explain the throttle problems.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope no error lights at all and the temperature is running fine..i mean i couldnt find what would trigger it.. it did at highway speeds street speeds and also when you get on the gas..then it wouldnt it would be just fine when you got on the gas at times. And i mean i loose complete power like my lights flicker one time i lost complete power my dash turned off and so did everything else

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
nope no error lights at all and the temperature is running fine..i mean i couldnt find what would trigger it.. it did at highway speeds street speeds and also when you get on the gas..then it wouldnt it would be just fine when you got on the gas at times. And i mean i loose complete power like my lights flicker one time i lost complete power my dash turned off and so did everything else
I didn't realise you meant electrical power.
If you lost the dash then you'd have to look at an electrical short somewhere so check the battery, earths and the ignition switch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i only lost the dash once..yet the other times the oil light would come on and the dash would still be working but my rpms would drop to zero so i would pull in the cluth then pop it and it would start..but ill check my battery tomorrow to make sure the connections are tighten and nothin is shorting out

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
yea i only lost the dash once..yet the other times the oil light would come on and the dash would still be working but my rpms would drop to zero so i would pull in the cluth then pop it and it would start..but ill check my battery tomorrow to make sure the connections are tighten and nothin is shorting out
The oil light was only coming on then because the engine had stopped running.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Battery contacts?
I had this type of thing on my old bike and it was indeed the battery contacts - the battery connector bolts are always quite short :mad: & where I had added heated grips and Optimate leads to the battery, the bolts were only just gripping the nuts. Eventually they worked loose and caused the problem. Longer bolts solved it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
When I bought my 929, I checked the essentials but didnt bother looking at the contacts since that seemed too basic. The following few days, my first couple of miles on her, she would stall over bumps. Turned out the neg contact was taped on!!!
Got a screw and a nut and it's been a pleasure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts