Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...notebook computer?!! :huh:

I just received the new notebook I'd ordered a few days ago. I popped open the box, and there it was - complete with a mostly carbon fiber lid! I had no idea.

I ordered the Acer Travelmate 8204WLMi, mostly because the Acer 8000 I've had for the last couple of years has been flawless. I just wanted a bigger hard drive, more RAM, and some other upgraded features.

This thing is awesome:
  • Intel Duo 2.0 GHz processor
  • 15.4" wide screen monitor
  • 120 GB HD
  • DVD-Super Multi double layer
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 802.11a/b/g wireless LAN
  • Bluetooth
  • Built-in webcam
...and carbon fiber! :D

Maybe I'll put some HRC stickers on it or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
bwhip said:
...notebook computer?!! :huh:

I just received the new notebook I'd ordered a few days ago. I popped open the box, and there it was - complete with a mostly carbon fiber lid! I had no idea.

I ordered the Acer Travelmate 8204WLMi, mostly because the Acer 8000 I've had for the last couple of years has been flawless. I just wanted a bigger hard drive, more RAM, and some other upgraded features.

This thing is awesome:
  • Intel Duo 2.0 GHz processor
  • 15.4" wide screen monitor
  • 120 GB HD
  • DVD-Super Multi double layer
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 802.11a/b/g wireless LAN
  • Bluetooth
  • Built-in webcam
...and carbon fiber! :D

Maybe I'll put some HRC stickers on it or something.
Is that real carbon fiber or Sears carbon fiber?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Nice sorry to hear about it's virus :lilangel:
You know, I guess some people actually have Windows based hardware and never get a virus. I manage several hundreds that have never had a single case of a virus. Every case of a virus that any of my clients have experienced is because someone did something extremely stupid.

As far as any systems I work with, a virus is the exception, not the norm.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
abtech said:
You know, I guess some people actually have Windows based hardware and never get a virus. I manage several hundreds that have never had a single case of a virus. Every case of a virus that any of my clients have experienced is because someone did something extremely stupid.

I was talking about Windows :p

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
abtech said:

:wstupid: I haven't had antivirus on my personal PC for years. For me, it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
ND4SPD said:
:wstupid: I haven't had antivirus on my personal PC for years. For me, it's a waste of money.
it's only a waste of money if you use one you gotta pay for. There are excellent home antivirus packages out there you can get for free and they even stay updated..

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Getsome said:
it's only a waste of money if you use one you gotta pay for. There are excellent home antivirus packages out there you can get for free and they even stay updated..
True...however I also prefer to not have a virus scanner hog up system resources and slow my computer down unnecessarily.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Red Rider said:
Since no one else asked, I guess I will...how much did you pay?
Searched around quite a bit on the web, but it looked like one of those deals where the manufacturer won't let sellers price below a certain level, because several had it for virtually the same price. I wound up buying it from CompUSA.com for $2,294.00.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts