Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
You will be ok Fighterrr.. That paintwork and the fact they don't have a tail tidy will slow them right down :thumb:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will be ok Fighterrr.. That paintwork and the fact they don't have a tail tidy will slow them right down :thumb:
apparently theyve got some plain ones aswel... but theres nothing you can do about it is there really :idunno:

I'll give them a run for their money :D

I think the R1 is part of the Bike Safe team (Met police)
yeah i think it is.... :thumb:

theyre just pics wyo :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
They have a radio built in their helmets, but I'm not sure that they have to carry all the gear too. I think they are merely "chase" vehicles...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Don't chase vehicles have to carry a fire extinguisher and first aid kit at least?

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Don't chase vehicles have to carry a fire extinguisher and first aid kit at least?
Well to be honest I'm not too sure, I would imagine they would have to carry some form of first aid but I shall have to ask next time I encounter a police officer.

A police officer on the "normal" bike carry everything including cameras - maybe these only have cameras which can film illegal driving/riding.

I believe they carry all of the kit i.e. hand cuffs etc but whether or not they have anything else I'm not sure.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I believe they carry all of the kit i.e. hand cuffs etc but whether or not they have anything else I'm not sure.
I was just curious if it's an actual in-service or just a promo thing.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Defiantly in service, Loopy's thread shows one from Wales I believe.

Will see the numbers rising probably. AT least it will get the idiots off of the streets.
What is the maximum speed Police are allowed to go in a chase though?
I would think the most useful job for bikes is as first responders being able to reach accident scenes through heavy traffic.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Dunno if thats true twin, all it takes really is one knob jockey to think he's invincible and try and take on an experienced bike cop on a very fast bike. To me it opens up a world of pain:idunno:
:plus1:
Some squid will think they can outride a bike cop with hours upon hours of professional training so they will take off and bite it, hopefully they only take out themselves and not any innocent bystanders

·
Registered
391 Posts
What is the maximum speed Police are allowed to go in a chase though?
I would think the most useful job for bikes is as first responders being able to reach accident scenes through heavy traffic.
Good point racer, i dont know if cops are restricted in the speed they can do when in chase.

A mate of mine is a paramedic and he told me once that when they are on the way to the scene of an accident in the ambulance, that when they go through red lights to get there asap, that they are in the wrong and would be held accountable for any wrong doing.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts