Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The set I ordered off ebay came in. They were maybe a little thinner than OEM but barely. They seemed like a little softer plastic though. They looked great, came with instructions. They did not come with bolt set ordered that separate, or the decals. The bolt kit I ordered was great, and it look very nice without decals. It was easy to go on. It took my High school senoir son and 2 of his buddies all day, minus soccer practice, and time for food.. So, about 3.5 to 4 hours to remove the old jacked up ones and put the new ones on. They could not figure out the front fender. One of the boys took it off, and the others didn't watch. so it is fenderless until it goes to the shop to have the fork seals replaced. There were a couple hole that needed to be dremeled out to line up. The tank cover does not fit right around the fuel filler. the hole is a tiny bit to large, but is only visible when looking straight down at it. If anyone knows of a way to fix this, like a larger replacement filler or something. I do have a piece of billet Aluminum and a friend with a machine shop that could make me piece to fill in the gap maybe. other than that it looks as close to stock as $485 will get. it took nearly a month to receive the kit.
here's the link to the sale: Motorcycle Fairing Kit For 97-98 Honda CBR 600 F3 CBR600 1997-1998 ABS Bodywork | eBay
The seller neverland-usa communicated very well. They made sure of the shipping address before shipping. I had it shipped to my place of business since no one would be home to receive it. They communicated when it shipped and estimated shipping time. It cam about 5 days early.
I'll post pic later.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I like how they put in a tank cover as well. Fast shipping considering it's coming from China. Everything I've ordered from out there takes about 3 weeks usually.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The set I ordered off ebay came in. They were maybe a little thinner than OEM but barely. They seemed like a little softer plastic though. They looked great, came with instructions. They did not come with bolt set ordered that separate, or the decals. The bolt kit I ordered was great, and it look very nice without decals. It was easy to go on. It took my High school senoir son and 2 of his buddies all day, minus soccer practice, and time for food.. So, about 3.5 to 4 hours to remove the old jacked up ones and put the new ones on. They could not figure out the front fender. One of the boys took it off, and the others didn't watch. so it is fenderless until it goes to the shop to have the fork seals replaced. There were a couple hole that needed to be dremeled out to line up. The tank cover does not fit right around the fuel filler. the hole is a tiny bit to large, but is only visible when looking straight down at it. If anyone knows of a way to fix this, like a larger replacement filler or something. I do have a piece of billet Aluminum and a friend with a machine shop that could make me piece to fill in the gap maybe. other than that it looks as close to stock as $485 will get. it took nearly a month to receive the kit.
here's the link to the sale: Motorcycle Fairing Kit For 97-98 Honda CBR 600 F3 CBR600 1997-1998 ABS Bodywork | eBay
The seller neverland-usa communicated very well. They made sure of the shipping address before shipping. I had it shipped to my place of business since no one would be home to receive it. They communicated when it shipped and estimated shipping time. It cam about 5 days early.
I'll post pic later.

I'm impressed. The tank cover is brilliant as it avoids having to paint the tank. Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, the only problem would be matching the color. I'm not sure how good they are these days but I guessing there would be some minor variance between the parts from china, and the local body shop painting the tank. unless it were black, white, or flat black. Not sure but for $485 it is a lot better than the scratched and cracked OEMs.

BTW, I saved the OEMs.. THey are mostly scratched up and some are just cracked. Others are not repairable. If anyone wants them make me an offer. I'd probably take $100 for the lot, and you pay for shipping. The rear left is destroyed, the part around the headlight is tore up but may be repairable. the others have cracks that are probably repairable. the large side pieces have holes for sliders. If someone was going to repair their OEMs they would probably be excellent to replace destroyed pieces.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's pics of before with oems, after I laid it out in november..

I'll post after pictures after we get the fork seals replaced and the front fender on.. a week or so..

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
WOW !! It looks like a new bike. Very impressed (except for the off centre fitment on the fuel tank cutout). Still looks good though - most people won't see it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That is a lovely colour. It's nice that they put in the tank cover, but over time I think that'd get to me. You'll see it every time you look down. A paint shop should match that colour and spray your old one cheap enough.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW !! It looks like a new bike. Very impressed (except for the off centre fitment on the fuel tank cutout). Still looks good though - most people won't see it.
Thanks.
I think I'll either get that tank painted, or get my buddy that works at a machine shop to make me a ring out of aluminum to add to the fuel filler to cover that.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a lovely colour. It's nice that they put in the tank cover, but over time I think that'd get to me. You'll see it every time you look down. A paint shop should match that colour and spray your old one cheap enough.
Thanks,
Yep, My son says it doesn't bother him, and he is riding it. I will probably either get it painted, or get a ring machined to cover it.

I appreciate your comments. When the fender is on and the forks are done, I'll get out the good camera and and take some pictures of it in the sun. That way all will get a real good look.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

The only time I ever see my fuel cap is when I'm actually opening it. The rest of the time it's under my tankbag :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'll be the first to admit I'm anal lol. Just knowing it's there would bug me. Glad the rest of the kit fitted well.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be the first to admit I'm anal lol. Just knowing it's there would bug me. Glad the rest of the kit fitted well.
For me it wouldn't work. I'll get it fixed this fall when he's gone at college. He'll never notice, but old Pops will have right.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW, I mentioned this issue to the seller and they are sending me new filler cam that is designed to fix this issue, for free. I will let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Yeah I ordered some unpainted fairings off ebay from one of the chinese dealers. Once they got here I noticed the front headlight fairing had not just scratches but gouges in it so I emailed them on ebay and they immediately sent me another front fairing free of charge and I got to keep the gouged one too just in case it was needed. So I give them a :thumb:

·
Registered
175 Posts
You got lucky. My room mate just got a set of china ebay plastic's for his gsxr 1000 and it was like pulling teeth to get them to fit. Some of it still won't line up right no matter what we do but i guess you get what you pay for right? lol

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
From what i've seen (and read online), you're generally ok if you get Honda ones, but Suzuki fitment of the Chinese fairings are 99% failures. The old saying "good from far, but far from good" applies ;)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You got lucky. My room mate just got a set of china ebay plastic's for his gsxr 1000 and it was like pulling teeth to get them to fit. Some of it still won't line up right no matter what we do but i guess you get what you pay for right? lol
Well I think its about who you buy from. I bought from a company with perfect feedback and looked over their reviews/feedback from others first. They do everything with compression molds so everything is shaped just like stock with all mounting holes pre-drilled for you. That was something I really liked and that's why I went with them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts