Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been checking my 97RRV and noticed the route of the choke cable is very close to the top of the radiator. Can anyone confirm whether this is the correct routing?
image.jpg
Apologies for picture position. Sent from my iphone and can't edit it

·
Registered
80 Posts
i ccant see your ppicture too well cause im on my old crappy ass phone.i was just looking at my bike a few weeks ago and saw that there were cables very close to the hot areas but think it was the clutch cable. Im at work right now. Ill check when i get home. I dont remember my choke cable being close to anything hot. Can you download the factory manual? They have awesome diagrams that show all the hoses and cable routings.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I've just been checking my 97RRV and noticed the route of the choke cable is very close to the top of the radiator. Can anyone confirm whether this is the correct routing?
View attachment 55403
Apologies for picture position. Sent from my iphone and can't edit it

Looks right to me and according to the manual routing diagrams.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, appreciated. I was just a bit concerned about it being so close to the radiator. Now if I could only sort out my knackered indicators. Part of the wiring for my defunct alarm runs along the choke cable. I thought the radiator heat may have affected it but it doesn't appear to have melted.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks for the help, appreciated. I was just a bit concerned about it being so close to the radiator. Now if I could only sort out my knackered indicators. Part of the wiring for my defunct alarm runs along the choke cable. I thought the radiator heat may have affected it but it doesn't appear to have melted.

The radiator and engine don't run hot enough to melt plastic, the headers and the muffler are your only real concerns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts