Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2000 929 with 3,750 miles. At mid to higher RPM's (4.5k+) when I shift up to second from first, I get a "clank" sound like I didn't pull the clutch in all the way...but I am. This doesn't happen at lower RPMs. Am I at the begining of a tranny problem? If so, how can I fix/prevent it from getting worse.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had this problem when my clutch wasn't tight enough. It had so much freeplay it wasn't disengaging all the way which caused a clank in 2nd and getting into neutral nearly impossible when warm.

Check your clutch freeplay at least.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I don't want to bust anything. I did try shifting the other day at like 8,000 RPM it just wouldn't go. I slammed the crap out of it. Maybe I'll have to switch over to GP style...:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
jcblitz said:
Well I don't want to bust anything. I did try shifting the other day at like 8,000 RPM it just wouldn't go. I slammed the crap out of it. Maybe I'll have to switch over to GP style...:)
If you close the throttle and shift at the same time you can smoothly shift without even using the clutch. Might destroy your tranny after a while though?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts