Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any suggestion on how to clean a Ti muffler canister. I got a new muffler hanger that replaces the passenger peg mount, but it required that I move the position of the muffler clamp. Now there is a mark where the clamp was originally. I need to do something fairly aggressive to remove the marks, but I don’t want to scratch the surface. I’m also not too keen an anything that will polish (bling bling) the surface either. :help:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well, if I had a mark on my Ti can that wasn't removeable with Honda polish, I'd try Bon Ami. I have it in my kitchen for cleaning stainless steel pots & pans and the best part is that it doesn't scratch. It's inexpensive too. Just be sure to test it out in an inconspicious spot. I haven't tried it so I don't have first hand experience. :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
I use meguiars or mothers metal cleaner/polish,it cleans up the finish with no shiny bling after affect and isn't the muffler clamp tac welded on?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the advice. I will try these products this weekend. It’s an Akrapovic muffler, and it has a carbon fiber band clamp that wraps around it. I can basically move it anywhere on the can. My wife bought me a sweet Sato ti exhaust bracket from DK, for Christmas. The Sato must have the mount some where other than the stock location.

Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had a badly stained ti can and used a red scotchbite pad and some solvant or something like WD40 should work, and it cleaned up very well. It looks like new now.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
jafo said:
I use meguiars or mothers metal cleaner/polish,it cleans up the finish with no shiny bling after affect and isn't the muffler clamp tac welded on?

I just took a chance and cleaned my Ti Can with Mothers Aluminum polish. Worked great :thumb:

·
Registered
759 Posts
I used a scotch brite pad to clean my Ti yosh. I taped off the label and aluminum end caps to prevent scratches. Mothers mag and aluminum polish in the small jar works good too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts