Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't particularly like cleaning guns anyways (there's a reason I like SS guns), but I HATE cleaning my Ruger 22/45. That little POS has so many sharp edges and burrs inside I don't think I've cleaned it without bleeding. And the order of operations to get the thing reassembled is obnoxious too.

Invert, thumb on trigger blah blah.

My hands are currently bleeding from this little monster. I like it so much I clean it every 500-1000 rounds or so...whether it needs it or not. :rotfl:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have plenty...and I don't find they do so much. ;)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NinerPilot said:
The easiest one I have is a Thompson Center Arms Contender... Just break open the breach and run a few patches through, or a bore snake is even quicker.. :)
Chris
Yeah, when I get my reloading bench set-up, IF I like messing around with weird cartridges, I'll get one of those.

A friend has one in all sorts of weird chamberings.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
luvtolean said:
I like it so much I clean it every 500-1000 rounds or so...whether it needs it or not. :rotfl:
I hate cleaning my 10/22. Its not that bad, just hate to unscrew the stock to clean it. It was given to me by a friend who hated to clean it so much, that it felt like it had sand in it from the grit. I think he gave it away, rather than clean it. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Now that rifles have been added to the mix... AR15/M16s are not easy to get clean..not that it is that difficult once you've torn them down a few times...they just get dirty quick.

It's funny, I enjoy working on and cleaning my guns as much as I do shooting them. :loony:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10/22? :rotfl:

They're not bad at all. :)

Never broke down an AR. I've shot maybe 5-10 rounds total out of them. :(

Don't have much experience with different rifles (but tons with the 10/22!) so I left it out. But anything bolt action (like the contender) is super easy.

Some people love firearms maintanance. I don't...but I understand it. :) Trying to understand the dynamics of them is interesting.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Easiest: Glock
Hardest: Those MF'er .22 Rugers like you said.

The only thing I almost dislike reassembling is a Garand. I'd rather do an AR, FAL, AK, etc any day of the week And I'm one of those sickos that likes cleaning guns.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I was bleeding this morning and remembered our conversation...had to see if anyone else agreed. :D

EDIT: Of course, it's so much fun to shoot, I'll never sell it either. ;)

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Guns/rifles I hate to clean:
Winchester Model 94 30-30
Yugoslav made SKS
Ruger 10-22...You mean you have to clean those things???:huh:

Guns/rifle I like to clean:
None.

Guns/rifles I don't HATE to clean:
Glock 17
Anyone of my revolvers

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heavy-Dee said:
No kidding. What a stupid-head! :rolleyes:
Oops. He's right and they are very different. :O

I think you know what I meant, but terminology was definately off.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
My Remington Speedmaster .22 rifle is by far the biggest pain in the ass to clean of any gun I have. I don't really have a problem with any of my handguns. I guess I need more.

Cowards.

·
Registered
564 Posts
the quickest for me are my glocks 17, 21 with a close second to my ruger gp100 357mag. The one i hate the most is my desert eagle 44 mag. It is not really that hard but seems so compared to the others:idunno: I put a pic of my 10/22, it draws a lot of attention until they figure out what it is:rotfl:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is the Desert Eagle a gas piston gun?

A friend has a little 9mm that has an itty bitty gas piston system that looks pretty complicated to clean.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts