Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Was riding yesterday and start to hear a clinking sound coming form the front of the bike.   I at first thought it was my keychain (the Honda Riders Club keychain) so I took that off.  Didn't help.  The noise comes under acceleration in 1st and 2nd gears near 3k rpm.  I can't hear it after that due to more road noise.  I called my friendly Honda dealer and he said it might be the valves.  
  My concern is I didn't think the valves needed adjusting under normal riding conditions until 7 or 8k miles.  Anybody have this problem?  Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i'm no genius nor mechanically inclined but i was hearing 'ticking' / rattling or whatever a while back....turns out the header bolts were finger tight (where you mount to the cylinder head).....

so u may want to check that out....

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have been having the same problem, while driving around at slower speeds, every time I hit a bump, I get this clicking sound. I was at the Honda shop last weekend getting new tires, and I had mechanic drive it and listen. He said it sounded like it was my Scotts steering damper that was making the clicking sound, so that will be my next place to try, by taking it off and driving it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
RedRocker: Shame on you for for saying 'Driving' when referring to your m/c for most of us (bar Hardley people that are all mixed up) use the words RIDE or RIDING. LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a damper, but I will look at the bolts near the cylinder head. How exactly do I get to them anywho? Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts