Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, looking for info on anybody with Vortex Clip-On's. such as comfort, install, fairings blocking or hitting the ends during turns, drilling required, etc. Appreciate the feedback. The search came up lil' info or actual experience from current owners.

·
Registered
34 Posts
BeeRider said:
Hello All, looking for info on anybody with Vortex Clip-On's. such as comfort, install, fairings blocking or hitting the ends during turns, drilling required, etc. Appreciate the feedback. The search came up lil' info or actual experience from current owners.
I have Vortex Clip-ons on a 929.
They do not curve up like the stock clip ons, this means the snorkels and plastics that cover them are pretty much in the way. I removed all of it.

I use my bike as a track bike and like the clip-ons about 2 cm below top yoke. This means the the mid fairinngs are pretty much in the way also.
So I have to leave them a little higher than I would like if I leave
the mids on. I am probably going to invest in race plastics.

You need to drill a hole for the throttle sleeve, you also have to
figure where to mount the brake resivoir (I did anyway). The controls
get pretty tight with the front fairing but it all fits.

I have short legs and longs arm, so I use rear-sets that put me up 2" and back 2".
I would recommend them for track use but would not bother for the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marcelo...the info does help. I have yet to recieve the parts, but also ordered the rear sets from Vortex and we'll see if the fixed position of 3/4 up and 1" back will work for my legs (36" long).

·
Registered
34 Posts
BeeRider said:
Thanks Marcelo...the info does help. I have yet to recieve the parts, but also ordered the rear sets from Vortex and we'll see if the fixed position of 3/4 up and 1" back will work for my legs (36" long).
Hope it works well for you.

I have three track days in a row coming at Mosport International Speedway -
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This is my favourite local track.
It is fast and flowing with long straight, lots of elevation changes perfect for a 929. I've lower the gearing and can actually get it into 6th on the back straight. Can not wait....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marcelo said:
Hope it works well for you.

I have three track days in a row coming at Mosport International Speedway -
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This is my favourite local track.
It is fast and flowing with long straight, lots of elevation changes perfect for a 929. I've lower the gearing and can actually get it into 6th on the back straight. Can not wait....
Sounds like the perfect three day week to me! I too will be on the track Tue. in Northern California. I've been trying to schedule a back to back day like yours but unable to so far. Anyway, Be Safe...Keep Shiny Side Up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
BeeRider said:
Sounds like the perfect three day week to me! I too will be on the track Tue. in Northern California. I've been trying to schedule a back to back day like yours but unable to so far. Anyway, Be Safe...Keep Shiny Side Up.
For you clip ons...
The hole you have to drill is for the throttle tube to close properly right about where the kill switch sits. There is a little pin that fits into a hole in the
stock bar. Easy to do...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought woodcroft Clip'ons and I love how they change the riding position on my 929 but like mentioned above they tend to use the same space as the snorkel covers.
Any Idea how to lower the upper cowl or has anyone tried using 954 throttle assembly as it runs the cables in from the front vs. the bottom???
Please guys if anyone has any fixes for this they would be greatly apprechiated.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Vortex clip-on's left little room at full turns from the front fairing, as stated. I also had to re-route the clutch cable and re-position the brake reservoir. As for the 954 throttle body, someone here would probably have a good idea.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i tried the woodcraft on my 954 and had a big problem trying to get them to work. The stock clipons have risers on them which gives them clearence over the ram-air covers. The woodcraft clipons however allowed barely any turning radius. I simply couldn't get the things to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts