Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am new here and just wanted to say Hi and see if anyone had an answer to my question here. On a 954 since the stock clip-ons go up then out. What do I need to do to mount my vortex clip-ons and not have them rub? seems like they are too low to be able to do anything with. If anyone is running aftermarket clip-ons and could send me a picture or explain how i can make this work I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone
Tom
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I can't help you with the clip on question
:welcome: to the org.

:thumb:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I currently have a set of V-clip-ons on my race bike and i hate them. :rant: There such a hassle to adjust as all the stupid screws are in the worst places.. :thumbd: But to answer your question you need to remove the air duct covers when using them and even then they will still rub on the airbox duct when you turn your head set all the way to one side... Im saving for the Gillis Vario Bars that ive only heard good things about.. But even at Sponser discount there 300 bucks :crap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info guys. A friend of mine crashed his bike and went with the vortex out of price reasons and I had had them on my R1 before and really liked them but niether one of us bother to notice the way the stock clipons come out and up until they had already been ordered. It does suck that Vortex hadn't noticed that and realized that the whole making clipons for the fork diameter wouldn't work on this one. Well now my boy is stuck with a set of clipons im sure hell never use. I do appreciate all the quick replies and all the info, great welcome to a new board.

Thanks again
Tom

·
Registered
422 Posts
put them on Ebay and sell them. I belive that LP USA has some clip ons almost identical to the Vortex that are called GP lights that have all the adjusting screws in more convieniant places :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts