Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just like the title says, my clock keeps resetting. This is a new problem, and i have no new/major electrical mods that would cause this. If i set the clock, it resets every time i turn the key off....same with the trip meter. Any ideas?

Oh...'02 954 btw...

Thanks

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
the clocks should only reset when you physically unplug the instrument panel, so... that would suggest that when you turn off the ignition all power is being lost to the clocks, does the hiss light come on?...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope,no HISS. And ive checked all connections to the gauges, every things good. The bike starts up, runs, and rides just fine. Nothing out of the ordinary except the clock. And if i start the bike, set it, and ride...its totally fine until i turn the key to the "off" position.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
when you say no hiss do you mean you actually dont have it or its not flashing when the keys out? it seems like you are losing all power to the clocks when turning off the key, and there should still be power to them i think?...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean i dont have HISS at all. And yes, there should still be power to the clocks...ive checked all the connections that i can think of that would effect it and they all seem ok and i havent found any shorts either....

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
We need to locate a wiring diagram for the clocks... that way you could test for power feed when you have the bike's key in the off position.

Does the clock remain on when you turn the bike off? (I think the 954RR's clock stays on - fighter is this true (shows how long I haven't ridden))

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We need to locate a wiring diagram for the clocks... that way you could test for power feed when you have the bike's key in the off position.

Does the clock remain on when you turn the bike off? (I think the 954RR's clock stays on - fighter is this true (shows how long I haven't ridden))
When you turn the bike off the clock shuts off too....but it should still be receiving power so that it can keep the correct time, which mine is not doing....:thumbd:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
when you say no hiss do you mean you actually dont have it or its not flashing when the keys out? it seems like you are losing all power to the clocks when turning off the key, and there should still be power to them i think?...
fighter, we don't have HISS here in the US

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Could there be a fuse for the full time instrument power? Give a check see of your fuses in the manual and a physical check with a test light.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yeah just been told that by CBR_954_RR in a earlier post. sorry didnt realise. Shame really its really good :thumb:
It is?
What's it good for exactly?
Have you lost your key yet :)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
:rotfl: no not yet! but it stops people smashing a screwdriver through your ignition and buggering off on your bike so keeps me happy :thumb:
Why would they smash the ignition when it's far easier to throw it in a trailer or van and bugger off :)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i wouldnt know bladeracer im not a thief!!! :rotfl: but im going on the assumption that they are on foot, equipped with only a screwdriver:eyebrows: :p
They might well be but HISS isn't going to stop anybody from stealing it.
All they need to do is smash the lockstop and push it somewhere else where they can disassemble it at their leisure.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
They might well be but HISS isn't going to stop anybody from stealing it.
All they need to do is smash the lockstop and push it somewhere else where they can disassemble it at their leisure.
agreed, but it stops someone from actually riding off on it, at least if theyre busy smashing the steering lock and pushing it away it gives me time to run down stairs with a torque wrench and rearrange their face :thumb:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
agreed, but it stops someone from actually riding off on it, at least if theyre busy smashing the steering lock and pushing it away it gives me time to run down stairs with a torque wrench and rearrange their face :thumb:
Again, I see a flaw in your idea...

I'm not a thief (although you may think I am after what you read next), usually depending on what lock (steering locks/disk locks are no bother - nice thick chain could maybe take less than a minute to cut through - but hey, when do most super-bike riders carry a huge chain/lock with them?)

All they would need to do is have a mini-van/van such as a transit, have four mates (excluding the wheel-man) who would jump out, and literally throw the bike into the back of the van when you tell them to.

The above statement takes less than five minutes to plan, and probably no more than 90 seconds to carry out (depending on a few variables).

By the time you have woken up, realized your bike is soon going to be lifted and have rummaged, first for your torque wrench, second down the stairs and (having found the keys) through the front door, it would probably have gone.

Hiss is good - when it works - but again, what is it actually stopping? Most stolen bikes usually get broken for parts as they are worth more in parts than as a whole.

Not having a dig btw :D

So, back to the thread, whats the update?

Den, if a fuse would have gone would the clocks work at all? I would have thought power would have been "cut"? (maybe :idunno:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts