Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Well, this is my first post here and unfortunately it's a troubleshooting one. I did search on here for this issue which is what got me this far. My clock/trip resetting everytime I turn the ignition off. The fuses are all good. I found the gray plug towards the front of the bike where the red/green(clock) wire is. Everything look ok and I didn't notice any corrosion. I tested the wire with a test light, however, and got nothing. I'm a little stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, for what's it worth, I had the whole bike apart and pretty much narrowed it down to the cluster. It was corroded inside and is probably the issue. I don't see a way to replace the fuel reserve sending unit as its attached to the fuel pump. Am I missing something? I don't know if I can justify 250$ for a cluster that's used.

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you can see it's corroded, I'll assume that you have the cluster apart? You can clean up the contacts: male with a pencil eraser and female with a cut up emery board. Put it back together with a little dielectric grease.G/L

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did try electric cleaner but I didn't try the eraser/emery board method. I will give that a shot along with some dielectric grease and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts