Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a blade recently and the clock doesn't stay on when the ignition is turned off. Reset trip meters and clock, turned off and when I switched back on clock was 1.00and trip meters were back to the totals before I reset them. Baffling

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,251 Posts
The clock is typically run by power through a fuse. Check to see if it’s missing or blown.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
there should be a permanent 12v to the clocks to retain the time/trip so possibly this is not working right. First stop is to check all the fuses. if ok then you'll need to did deeper - I would pull apart each connector and look for corrosion on the pins and clean them up - you can get spray electrical cleaner or you can take a more manual approach and clean with fine sand paper or better wet & dry. Failing this get a wiring diagram and find which colour wire feeds the permanent 12v and se if there is 12v at the clocks. If there is then it is possible there is an internal fault int he clocks. These are pretty reliable so I would do the other checks first before condemning the clocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts