Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sooo... I recently have noticed diminished acceleration from stoplight to around 4k rpm. I had thought it was possibly Valves, but now suspect it could be something else. A few weeks back I ran out of fuel, ever since then I feel that the bike had been lacking some low end power. Does the 954 have a fuel filter? or could it possibly be a clogged fuel line? She runs great over 4k+ till redline. The moment my suspicions where backed up was while riding with a bud, we both cracked the throttle from a stoplight. he rides a 2006 YZF 600 (carbed) He pulled away from me initially (enough to know it wasn't just my/his reaction time)and he did not get the jump off the line from me. I saw him steadily pull away from me till my RPM built up. (Isn't FI supposed to have better response?) This made me think it was possibly my Valves needing the be synced. Someone else had mentioned it is common to need to get the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) reset. So, I ask any of you Guru's out there, what is going on here?? The plugs have less then 3k. The bike has a full system Akrapovic exhaust with PC3 mapped for my bike. The flapper mod is done and I have a K&N filter. Filter has about 5k miles (have not pulled it yet) Plugs have about 3k on them. I use 87 octane probably 90-95% of the time with 91-93 octane the other 5-10%. Bike currently has 17k miles and oil has been changed twice in the last 6k miles. I do have a scheduled appointment to get my bike checked on the 14th, but I don't wish to have them do a Valve job just because I "think" it may be the culprit. As always any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts