Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Guys, you were right. Checked regulator/rectifier connector and it was burnt. I have changed 4 headlight bulbs. since I bought and and totally I have drove about 500km. When 3 first burnt out I tought that it was just some bad production from Osram cause they were all one series but then burnt out small bulbs and today burnt out another headlight bulb. Then I decided to check charging and it was about 15-15.5V when at 5k RPMs, which is ok. Then I wanted just check if RR(regulator/rectifier) is ok and checked connections. And I found that 3-wire connection was burnt. Then I cleaned wires and just connected them directly and started bike. Then charging was about 17+V at 5k RPMs which is too high, so I think that the RR is bad. Also RR was not hot after ride which means that it was not giving the energy out by heat. I think it should be hot or at least really warm. Will try to get RR from friend to test if that is the fault. Hope that it also caused clunk and RPM drom.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Hi , yes you will need to put a new connector on that Stator plug (or maybe hard wire it) plus a new R/R , the Yellow connector in the back ground is the Central Earthing block, the spade end connector in the picture wont do ;)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts