Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Ive had my 954rr for 5 months now... luv it (went from a R6)
only thing is it just my bike, or does all honda's give a big 'clunk' changing from neutral to 1st?

Also it has a micron on it but doesnt sound very loud until u let it open. A friend has a 929 with the same pipe and it sounds heaps louder... any ideas?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I get a clunk as you say too. alot of people have said its normal. some say its something to look at. so I'm not really sure. But regarding the micron, Maybe he has a full and yours is a slip on? t hat could be a possibility.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i have a 1000rr and i get a a clunk i don't think its anything to look at what kind of oil are you running in the bike
maybe you need a oil change. :think:

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
i have an F4i and this clunk (sounds like the trans fell on the ground at a stop sign) is something that I too am forced to deal with. Just lie to the ladies telling them it does it because your bike is so strong that you had to put a power shifter in there and thats what they are hearing

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Guys,

Ive had my 954rr for 5 months now... luv it (went from a R6)
only thing is it just my bike, or does all honda's give a big 'clunk' changing from neutral to 1st?

Also it has a micron on it but doesnt sound very loud until u let it open. A friend has a 929 with the same pipe and it sounds heaps louder... any ideas?
MASSIVE clunk on mine. Don't worry about it.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Big clunk here, had only 600 miles when I got it so I have to assume it is normal. Occasionally it doesn't make the clunk and then I don't trust that it is in gear and try shifting it again.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i've noticed the clunk since having 02' 954. running castrol R4 so i say its normal. one thing i have noticed is that rolling up to a stop and down shifthing into 1st reduces it dramatically.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
every time i sit still and go to neutral i look for parts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maybe if the bike was kept in first at lights that would alleviate some of the "clunk." This method seems to be fine by me. Just a suggestion.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
i dont have one, i was refering to the anvil hitting the road sound when you kick it into first.

speaking of harleys, a friend of mine hit a deer on one, she is talking about putting deer whistles on it now. if they could not hear them bamn pipes what makes you think they are going to hear the whistle

·
Banned
4,419 Posts
yea whatever happened to their "loud pipes save lives" bs theory.

Me and 3 other guys were out riding last weekend and stopped for gas. There were about 20 or so Harely guys there. I swear all those dipshits did was sit around and rev the motor to see who's pipe was the loudest.

·
Registered
685 Posts
most bikes 'clunk' when dropping it into 1st. When i'm out riding with my friends, all their bikes do it,everything from an R1 to a new ZX10.....I to thought mine was loud until i listened to theirs when we got ready to move from a red light, they all make noise.I will say though,i had the chance to ride an 07 ZX6 last week, and that tranny was smooth as silk.I'm geting ready to switch to a heavier weight Amsoil 20/50 oil in my 929 to see if it helps cushion it a bit more though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine does it too. It always seems to be more noticable on the hondas though. My ZX7R race bike wont idle any lower than around 2000 rpms and it doesnt do it when you shift into first but the tranny on that thing doesnt even let you know when you change gears it is so smooth..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts