Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2004 1000rr, I noticed that she makes a clunking noise that I think comes from the left side of engine, mostly on idle, when I pull the clutch lever it goes away so Im guessing it has to do with the clutch, anyone had this problem? what should I look for? Besides that bike runs excellent in all ranges!

·
Registered
33 Posts
That could be chain tensioner?!?!!??

I`ve a similar problem.... over 4000rpm .... like rattling.. I think my problem could be chain tensioner, Honda garage said nothing to worrie about really...
but I had a problem with chain tensioner years ago on my 2001 cbr 600 F4i (FSport)
Think im gonna get manual APE chain tensioner and see what happens...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I noticed a lot of the older motorcycles i've worked on do that including my 82 750 nighthawk and 90 fzr600r do that to some extent. The newer ones don't do it nearly as much though. It almost sounds like a garbled mass of metallic noises or like a imbalance. If i had a guess i would say that its the transmission gears meshing. at that slow of a speed and with the larger teeth, it wouldent surprise me especially if its doing so at the natural frequency of the engine. then again, the gears are not perfectally round so that could give it the illusion of a engine knock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts