Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my bike today and i noticed the backround of my tachometer started warping, its right at 8k rpm and it melted bad enough that the pointer gets stuck at 8 and wont go further. Any thoughts?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
Is there a bulb right there? Could have blown/ got too hot and melted the face:idunno:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
double bubble wind screen? some screens at the right angle from the sun can basically focus the sun light and melt the clocks. kinda like the old burning magnifying glass thing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the light bulbs seem to be working, im going to try to disassemble and what it looks like in there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the windscreen, i had to cut out some of the backround numbers so the indicator could go all the way up the rpms.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
double bubble wind screen? some screens at the right angle from the sun can basically focus the sun light and melt the clocks. kinda like the old burning magnifying glass thing.
Great suggestion Kevin! Rep if I could.....:D

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
thanks ian! id be pretty pissed off if it happened. ive seen a couple guys with the same thing. one guy was telling me how his kid must have gotten in the garage n somehow melted his clocks. i think i saved a childs life when i told him what happened. ive never heard of it happening with an oem screen n its usually a double bubble style that does it.

at least you were able to get it working. even a decent universal clock isnt real cheap. ive heard some good stuff about some of them tho. a decent used 954 clock is a couple hundred bucks usually. sucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts