Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi first time poster :) i have had this noise in my bike i thought it was the clutch basket loose, but then i took it apart today and the bearings seem good but when i took the basket out the springs in the rear of the basket were just bouncing around ,, is that normal ? or should they be tight ? i can shake the basket and they just rettle around ? ok please let me know thanks jon
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hi first time poster :) i have had this noise in my bike i thought it was the clutch basket loose, but then i took it apart today and the bearings seem good but when i took the basket out the springs in the rear of the basket were just bouncing around ,, is that normal ? or should they be tight ? i can shake the basket and they just rettle around ? ok please let me know thanks jon
[email protected]
Is is normal with wear and a hard life.
If you wanted to buy a new clutch basket you can but it will eventually wear the same way. You could also possibly try installing new springs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so i can replace the springs in the rear of the basket , i was not sure i could do that,, or if i got a new basket that sound will go away , ?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
ok so i can replace the springs in the rear of the basket , i was not sure i could do that,, or if i got a new basket that sound will go away , ?
It would be possible to replace the springs but you'd have to work out how to get it apart and find a source for new springs to fit it. The clutch basket is not considered rebuildable so you can't buy parts from Honda.
Yes, replacing it will stop the rattling until the new one wears as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thank you ,,, i have put about 30,000 hard miles on this bike and its been a great bike i just don't like the rattling, i have 3 other bikes but i have has this one the longest , and i ride this one the most , and i ride it hard LOL ,, ok thanks again JON :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Know a good welder? You can remove the gear and shim the springs you have now and it will help. Getting gear off is easy, just grinding off heads of rivets. Getting it back on is the tricky part (that's where the good welder comes in handy)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts