Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

clutch cable adjuster issues

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  amorti 
#1 ·
This is the clutch cable adjuster on my 06 f4i, see the attached photo..

My clutch handle was feeling pretty loose, so I tried to tighten it up using the adjuster. I don't feel safe having the bolt this far out, it's basically as far out as it can go and still be tight. If I tighten the bolt against the handle, the cable sheathing does not seat in the bolt and the handle flops around. What could be the issue? Is the cable stretched and does it need replacing? Is there an adjuster on the other end? Am I just retarded and don't know how to use the adjuster properly? Any help appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wind the top adjuster in, then use the adjuster at the bottom to get it close, then make the final adjustment at the top.
I would think the cable is stretched looking at that photo though, unless the lower adjuster has come loose and backed itself right off.

#5 ·
Remove the cable from the bike. If it still moves freely in its sheath and has no fraying at either end then a bit of stretch is not an issue. Even if it is a little tight tape a funnel up top and drip silicon spray through the cable til it comes out clean. You'll be glad you did!

As above adjust first at the bottom leaving a bit of fine tuning up top. Easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.