Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 00 cbr 929 clutch exploded in To 1000s of pieces. so i bought a clutch assembly on e bay . a new clutch kit, also needed a new ignition pick up that bolts onto the inner clutch cover, cause when clutch exploded pieces destroyed the old one. so i got one of those also. put it all back together. now the bike takes a while to start. once it started i took it for a ride and there's just no power. i had a lot apart cause i also changed the stater and rectifier. and pulled the oil pan down to clean up all the exploded pieces. just wondering why i got no power. i brought it to a guy he thinks its the gear that send the signal to the ignition pick up that bolts onto the inner of clutch cover. thinks it may of got bent. so i ordered new gear and sensor from honda waiting for it. but not convinced this will b the problem????????????

·
Registered
321 Posts
because the way the clutch is built into our engines, i would have taken apart the entire engine casing and make sure that you didnt destory any other pieces. I was rebuilding my friends R1 motor after he went down and all it had was a broken stator casing and clutch casing but there were shards all the way stuck in the block it self. I would do some more work before you put the motor back into full operation because chances are there is something stuck somewhere else.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure there's a piece of the clutch basket still in the bottom of the engine cause its making noise in that area around the clutch when I start it , but that shouldn't be the reason why the bike has no power should it ?
Also I brought it to the local bike tech in our town he thinks the rotor that sends the signal to the spark pick up is damaged that's why it's running like crap, so I've been waiting for the rotor to come in but it's on back order

·
Registered
168 Posts
my 00 cbr 929 clutch exploded in To 1000s of pieces. so i bought a clutch assembly on e bay . a new clutch kit, also needed a new ignition pick up that bolts onto the inner clutch cover, cause when clutch exploded pieces destroyed the old one. so i got one of those also. put it all back together. now the bike takes a while to start. once it started i took it for a ride and there's just no power. i had a lot apart cause i also changed the stater and rectifier. and pulled the oil pan down to clean up all the exploded pieces. just wondering why i got no power. i brought it to a guy he thinks its the gear that send the signal to the ignition pick up that bolts onto the inner of clutch cover. thinks it may of got bent. so i ordered new gear and sensor from honda waiting for it. but not convinced this will b the problem????????????
Um how the heck did your clutch explode? :eek:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I had a clutch explode racing at Daytona....5th gear pinned on the bank ready to shift to 6th and I heard a POP!! Cleaned it out and changed the oil, replaced the basket, clutch etc...Didn't go splitting any cases and RACED it the whole next season, it was fine. Try the rotor piece first then go from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts