Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So today the car saw daylight for the first time since I got it. A bit of a milestone :)

I moved it forward a few feet under its own steam which is where I have the query - I lift the clutch right up and nothing happens then I give it some throttle and it pulls off. I've never used a bike clutch before but it doesn't feel like a slipping clutch would in a car so I thought I'd get some of you more seasoned bikers' input, what are your thoughts folks?

James

·
Registered
126 Posts
Clutch is not adjusted properly by the sounds of it. What oil do you have in there?

Bikes don't like car oil, use bike oil. The clutch on bikes runs in oil, cars don't.

Pete

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, the clutch has been adjusted and slackened off a lot. It's got bike oil in, I'm aware of the wet clutch arrangement. Essentially you think it's wrong which is what I was expecting, thanks!

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,051 Posts
Thanks for the reply, the clutch has been adjusted and slackened off a lot. It's got bike oil in, I'm aware of the wet clutch arrangement. Essentially you think it's wrong which is what I was expecting, thanks!
If you have no free play in the clutch pedal than ya, you'll run into a problem. It needs a good 1/4 inch or 5-10mm of free play in the cable/pedal. It should start to engage with only minimal clutch pedal release. Looking forward to the in car camera action on that bad boy!!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts

Yeh the clutch is slipping, the only thing to figure is why?

Interested in this. I see that it is quite a long wheelbase (or seems it) more car dimensions than buggy.

More photos would be great!

Pete

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,051 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts