Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My clutch when running good had a very tight spongy feel to it. I garaged it for the winter, and now, there is no "sponge-iness" to it...It is completly loose when pulled back. I had the clutch replaced 2 years ago, so I would only assume that wouldn't be the issue. Why would it all of a sudden not work after being garaged? I can't start the bike as I need the clutch to engage for that to happen...Any thoughts? :idunno:

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Hey,

My clutch when running good had a very tight spongy feel to it. I garaged it for the winter, and now, there is no "sponge-iness" to it...It is completly loose when pulled back. I had the clutch replaced 2 years ago, so I would only assume that wouldn't be the issue. Why would it all of a sudden not work after being garaged? I can't start the bike as I need the clutch to engage for that to happen...Any thoughts? :idunno:
If it's hydraulic it probably needs fresh fluid bled through it.
If it's cable it may be corrosion in the sheath.
Not sure what you mean about not being able to start it though.

You can ride without the clutch by putting it in first or second and starting it. The starter motor will push the bike until the engine catches.
Then you make clutchless shifts up and down.
You need to flick into neutral before pulling up, then kill the engine, shift into gear and start the same way when you need to take off.
You can do the same in cars too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.