Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've seen both at this point. Haynes manual says to offset last disk into the shallow seat.....factory manual doesn't say anything about it. When i've searched photos and videos on youtube i've seen both but the majority look like they do not offset the last disc. Fairly certain, mine was not offset when i pulled it a part, but cannot say for sure.

Does the last friction disk offset (red) in the shallow slot or go in same as the others (blue)?

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took another look in the factory manual and it is also offset, so thats the way i'm going. Even the parts fiche has the last plate offset.

Now, does anyone know the torque spec for the spring bolts? nothing listed in the manual, but i've seen 9 ft lbs for most other Honda bikes.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
Took another look in the factory manual and it is also offset, so thats the way i'm going. Even the parts fiche has the last plate offset.

Now, does anyone know the torque spec for the spring bolts? nothing listed in the manual, but i've seen 9 ft lbs for most other Honda bikes.
Go with the offset last plate, and there is no torque value given for those 6x1mm bolts. However, if you go anything over 9ftlbs as mentioned they will probably snap. I go an even snug on all. I would probably use a 1/4" ratchet too. Just be careful. The spring tension they're under is enough to hold them in place anyhow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts