Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch is on the way out i am sure, but i wanted to get your opinions of it.

when riding, the bike is fine, clutch doesnt slip under normal conditions.

however, when attempting a clutch up wheelstand, it just revs and sounds like the bike is bogging down and wont lift the front wheel.
also, i tried a burnout last night, and it was the same.
full front brake on, high revs, drop the clutch and the bike revved like it was spinning at around 8000rpm, but the rear wheel wasnt spinning!! there was some resistance, as in, i had to grab the front brake hard to stop the bike from jumping, but the rear wheel just stayed still while the bike revved with the clutch fully out..
so its slipping, for sure right??

Also, the bike has had a metallic rattling noise for a long time, only at a certain rev range, which i thought was running lean or the CCT. i am gonna replace the CCT anyway, but could the rattling be in the clutch?? it is coming from that side of the engine, hence my thoughts that its the CCT. it sounds liek ball bearings in the engine between about 3000-4600rpm, only under load??

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
goforitifudare said:
my clutch is on the way out i am sure, but i wanted to get your opinions of it.

when riding, the bike is fine, clutch doesnt slip under normal conditions.

however, when attempting a clutch up wheelstand, it just revs and sounds like the bike is bogging down and wont lift the front wheel.
also, i tried a burnout last night, and it was the same.
full front brake on, high revs, drop the clutch and the bike revved like it was spinning at around 8000rpm, but the rear wheel wasnt spinning!! there was some resistance, as in, i had to grab the front brake hard to stop the bike from jumping, but the rear wheel just stayed still while the bike revved with the clutch fully out..
so its slipping, for sure right??

Also, the bike has had a metallic rattling noise for a long time, only at a certain rev range, which i thought was running lean or the CCT. i am gonna replace the CCT anyway, but could the rattling be in the clutch?? it is coming from that side of the engine, hence my thoughts that its the CCT. it sounds liek ball bearings in the engine between about 3000-4600rpm, only under load??

Yep, clutch plates are slipping. I just bought new Honda OEM plates, fibers, and Barnett heavy duty springs for $175. The Barnett hd springs were only $12. Not sure about the rattling. Question, how many miles on there? I had 14,700, but I drag race every weekend.

·
Registered
422 Posts
clutch is gone from the abuse of clutch wheelies :nono:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts