Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 929, not sure if the 954 has then or not, there are two electrical wires running from the lever housing to the signal box, can those be removed without messing anything up?  What are they for?

I am putting new bars on (track bike) and want to take that entire assembly off *#5 in the attachment.  Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Its a neutral kill switch, I forget which, but you need to either connect the wires together, or just leave them appart. I cant remember if the switch in there is normaly open or normaly closed. As said, it keeps you from hitting the starter with the bike in gear and the clutch lever out.

·
Registered
441 Posts
They are normaly open so you have to jump them to make it work. It's a good safty device though. Something Hardlys still don't have. Heard a story of a guy going to start his bike and it took off and fell over.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
If you wanted to keep it like he said, just remove all the wires from that connector and just keep the 2 you need, may need to resolder the spade connectors on, but big deal. Then just cleanly route those two wires.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys. I'm figuring its not a big deal than since it's a track only bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts