Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a public fist pump for my Steelers. Despite the loss to Cinci at home a few weeks back, I think Ben & Co. will get the job done today with ball control and lights out D.

:thumb:

Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
Why?

The Pats are gonna win anyway. :D :popcorn:

Edit: See similar thread below. :rotfl:
You should be pulling for the Steelers too...so your Pats don't get the Colts

Bring on the Bengals :evilaugh:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
The Bengals beat them with Palmer in Pitt a few weeks ago, and I think it would have been the same tonight.
That said, these things happen in football. Cinci had a banner year for the club and should do well again next year. The Steelers closed the regular season strong and are riding that high - the coaching staff has done well there.
I'll be honest and say that I was most surprised by the Panthers. They played soild while the Giants stumbled.
Next week should bring another round of great games. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RRWANTR said:
Think it would have been a bit different if Palmer hadn't gotten hurt on the 2nd snap of the game...but, we shall never know.
I'm an objective enough fan to say it's entirely possible that the Bengals would have won with a healthy Palmer playing the whole sixty.

That said, Kitna lit the secondary up for awhile, albeit w/o the deep ball. Yet Pittsburgh had made the necessary halftime adjustments, ditched the relatively safer zone blitzes in favor of using the safety closer to the line of scrimmage, and the resultant pressure would materialized whether Kitna or Palmer was in the backfield (or so I'd like to think).

Either way you cut it, it was sad to see Palmer go down like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts