Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been spending alot of time lately in CoD:UO on all the new multiplayer maps. The newest patch, 1.51, is out and makes an already realistic period WWII shooter that much better.

Several servers now disable the computer generated crosshairs and you have to actually toggle your aim down the rifle's sights just like you would in real life. If a tank or 88 round goes off anywhere near you (but doesn't kill you), your ability to walk/hear/see is affected for a few moments. You can cook grenades, see your breath in cold weather on some maps, sprint only for short distances (limited just as you'd be in real life with a pack, weapon and gear), and search downed corpses for additional supplies and ammo.

Small deathmatch games are my preference (7-10 guys), but a few cops at work bought their own server and host base assault matches which are alot of fun as well.

As a guy who grew up on Q2 multi (then onto Q3, UT, TFC, etc.), doing away with all the portals, mega ray guns, and bounce pads is a welcome change. This is the best shooter I've ever played. It's certainly the most realistic.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, you're still in the honeymoon period aren't ya Alex? Tell that boy to pay attention to what's important! :D

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
This is my server if you want to stop by:

66.205.143.72:28961

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Just upgraded the server this weekend so it can run both games at the same time. COD:regular and COD:UO. I will be attempting to add Half Life-2 to the server as well. See if it can handle all 3 at the same time without lagging. Only thing is there may not be as many people in it for a little while till it gets popular.

The old PC was a P2 333 mhz. Now it's a P4 1.9ghz with more/faster memory. Big difference.

-Shrub

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
What did you say your username was Chain? Was it like busa-viper or something? I saw some one on the server last night with that name but I wasn't sure.

-Shrub

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The Sauce

We also have a just started, meager forum here too:

The Sauce

The forum has the IP addy on the home page.

-Shrub

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The map cycles through all the standard maps (now including Tigertown) on DM and then changes to TDM and does the same thing. 30 minutes per map. I have also removed a couple that aren't very good for small groups like Bocage and Ship. Smaller maps allow more creative playing instead of just reactionary shooting. I have tried running other gametypes in the past but it just frustrates me because no one works as a team. Deathmatch doesn't have as much team strategy unfortunately but you also don't have to depend on losers that don't care to work as a team or don't even understand the concept. It also helps to prevent severely lopsided victories by one side or the other. I really like the HQ mode but half the people can't even figure it out or even if they do know how to play it, they don't play to win and instead just screw around. I reserve those modes for our LAN parties when we have a bunch of friends willing to work together for a common goal.

The ping is low because of the Fiber optic connection... :smilebig:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts