Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
G-Force Junkie : Good info, I can't stand it when it gets in the mid 50's here in the dead of winter
yeh with the windchill and all it kinda feels like the 40s. Makes your nose run.

I bet those other peeps in the more god forsaken parts have to thaw out the snot?

When its bad I slip on a light silk jacket under my leather jacket. works like magic

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Tombstone : Quote (G-Force Junkie @ Sep. 27 2003, 1:37am)Good info, I can't stand it when it gets in the mid 50's here in the dead of winter
yeh with the windchill and all it kinda feels like the 40s.  Makes your nose run.

I bet those other peeps in the more god forsaken parts have to thaw out the snot?

When its bad I slip on a light silk jacket under my leather jacket.  works like magic
BITE ME, both of you

Good idea TGZ, I never thought of the wetsuit type thing

·
Registered
20 Posts
TGZ13 : Quote When its bad I slip on a light silk jacket under my leather jacket. works like magic
Another thing you can do is go to or find a Scubadiving place and buy a pull over thin lycra suit. Usually .5mm type thing that keeps out te chill and helps maintain body heat.

Tom
I did the wetsuit thing...put it on under my leathers and went out in near-freezing weather....nearly sweated to death. Its like being wrapped in cellophane, 0 airflow at all, and your body heat gets it plenty hot in there, the wind has no chance of getting thru

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
I dont know how thick a wetsuit type material you can stick under the leathers but I know the lycra material has both shirts and pants as well as a body suit and are thin as anything almost like a tshirt but its silky and helps maintain body heat. I used to use this trick when I used to snowboard If anyone know the thickness of the wetsuit (if was indeed a wetsuit) let me know.

Tom

·
Registered
682 Posts
The god awful signs of winter coming upon some of us & forcing us to put the bikes away for some 4 months ----- what a bummer of a thought. Right now it would be ride in light gear as it is ANOTHER hot Autumn day (Indian Summer), but I will be at the h/gun range running it as I do every Sunday & leave Sundays for the working stiffs, but the past week have been a fantastice Monday to Saturday riding weather with lighter then normal gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts