Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I've ridden when it was <30F, and had enough gear on to stay warm. If you do it right, it's quite pleasant.
Have a look into Oxford Heated Grips (they also do ones that cover your OEM grips)

Its not the best weather to be out riding in, but like you said it can be quite pleasant.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I didn't have heated anything, and didn't even have winter gloves on.

Lower body:
long johns, two pairs of wool socks, fleece sweats, Aerostich, Oxtar Supermotard boots (what I had at the time, I doubt it would be much different in my Sidi Vertigo Corsas).
Upper body:
tshirt, long john uppers, sweatshirt, Aerostich
Misc:
silk glove liners under 3 season gloves
fleece neck guard... a tube, not a balaclava, don't know the exact terminology.

I personally was too warm when riding around town, but perfect on the freeway. As long as I keep some semblance of warmth in my hands, and keep my core nice and toasty, my hands stay warm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I live in Florida, and to someone up north a Floridian complaining about 'cold' is insane.

Anyway, this winter has been brutal. Usually we have 5 or 6 nice days (Above 60) then about 2 or 3 cold, windy days associated with fronts. This year, we've been lucky to get into the 60's for a day before the next front comes through. Nights in the 30's days in the 50's, once you've been down here a few years, your blood thins and you get used to warm weather.

I ride to work 9 out of 10 days, unless it's really rainy and nasty, and the cold mornings have been the worst.

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
I wish winter was over here.. I'm riding into work in 0 - 2 degree C temps most mornings still :(

I'm fed up with looking like Michelin Woman now.. I want warmer temperatures (stamps foot) and a chance to wear a few less layers of clothes :rant:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.