Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

cold weather riding

2K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Pink-Roxs 
#1 ·
saw a guy out riding yesterday, we reached a high of 37 ,think i got a semi:) thought about getting mine out but i still have a driveway full of ice and it's snowing today, damn you reality:mad:

#7 ·
I didn't have heated anything, and didn't even have winter gloves on.

Lower body:
long johns, two pairs of wool socks, fleece sweats, Aerostich, Oxtar Supermotard boots (what I had at the time, I doubt it would be much different in my Sidi Vertigo Corsas).
Upper body:
tshirt, long john uppers, sweatshirt, Aerostich
Misc:
silk glove liners under 3 season gloves
fleece neck guard... a tube, not a balaclava, don't know the exact terminology.

I personally was too warm when riding around town, but perfect on the freeway. As long as I keep some semblance of warmth in my hands, and keep my core nice and toasty, my hands stay warm.

#11 ·
I live in Florida, and to someone up north a Floridian complaining about 'cold' is insane.

Anyway, this winter has been brutal. Usually we have 5 or 6 nice days (Above 60) then about 2 or 3 cold, windy days associated with fronts. This year, we've been lucky to get into the 60's for a day before the next front comes through. Nights in the 30's days in the 50's, once you've been down here a few years, your blood thins and you get used to warm weather.

I ride to work 9 out of 10 days, unless it's really rainy and nasty, and the cold mornings have been the worst.

#14 ·
I wish winter was over here.. I'm riding into work in 0 - 2 degree C temps most mornings still :(

I'm fed up with looking like Michelin Woman now.. I want warmer temperatures (stamps foot) and a chance to wear a few less layers of clothes :rant:

#22 ·
This passed weekend I took the bike out friday the high here was 34ºF. I went 85 miles. Saturday had to work with a chance of rain so no riding. Rode sunday high of 38ºF. Went 105 miles. Monday was great went about 100 miles the temp was 49ºF. Went back to work yesterday and people kept asking if I can't wait to get the bike out. Im like umm I've had it out. Why have you been neglecting yours? lol. People here think I'm crazy goin out and riding under 50ºF.

All I wear is long john thermal pants, regular socks, an under armor compression shirt, a long sleeve T, my riding leathers, leather gloves and a helmet. I do fine hands get a lil chilly but im ok.

The thing that worries me the most is traction. We still have a lot of salt on the roads and the tires dont seem to stick as well when the road is cold.

People in cars seem like they don't notice bikes as well this time of year. So if you go out keep an eye on them cause they probably are not lookin for you.

#23 ·
Rode to work all last week with the temps in the 20s at night and in the morning when I would leave. I work the night shift. However I was toastie warm because of my new tourmaster riding suit. All I had on under it was a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. I take I-80 to work and average between 70-80 mph with the flow of traffic for the entire 25 mile ride. I was nice and warm. The suit also has lots of body armor, pently of air vents for hotter days, and is water proof. I will be doing a review on the suite soon if anyone is interested.

#24 ·
Just rode from Madison to Richland Center, 42 degrees, light mist.... it was delicious!!! my hands were the only things that got cold. I wore flannel PJs with jeans on top, t shirt with sweatshirt under waterproof jacket, riding boots, 2 pair of socks, and thermalite gloves. Legs were warm, torso was warm, twig and berries stayed warm, hands were numb after 20 mins. but its all good baby, you couldn't smack the grin off my face!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.