Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i sat down to eat my dinner the other night.....it was pretty varied cuz making ends meet is kinda tough towards the end of the month....so i look at my plate of food and found it pretty amusing.......see attached.

anyone remember what they ate in college?

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
That's hilarious!

Hey, how about Dominos death discs? How many of those bastards did you eat in school? I shudder to think.

·
Registered
728 Posts
We use to feed ourselves quite cheaply at Taco Bell buying bean burritos. My Nieces, going to Dumbolt U, live on Ramen. I use to live in the dorms many years ago and still remember the guy serving food smoking behind the counter and dropping ashes in the ham and pineapple.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
My diet was the following:

Marriott School Foods (campus meal plan)
Those were like tuna melts, burger bar, salad, and other things...not that bad once you got used to the MSG!!

Dorm food: (I lived in the dorms all 4 years)

Raman, popcorn, grain style bars, cool ranch Doritos, combos, pop tarts!  

then workout/health stuff!

Cell Tech, mayoplex, ripped fuel, andro, cretin, whey protein.

those were the days!

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (Chain @ Aug. 02 2003, 11:02am)Momma's boy.
Darn straight.  You'd be my momma's boy too if you ever had her cooking
Don't get me wrong, I'd have taken advantage of it too!

Hey, think she could whip up some baked goods for old Chain and you could mail 'em my way? <insert pastry joke here>

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Haha, too funny. My last year of school I ate so little meat that when I finally had money to eat good (ie lots of dead cow and pig) I had a case of the

Is that a Totino's pizza?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
luvtolean : Haha, too funny.  My last year of school I ate so little meat that when I finally had money to eat good (ie lots of dead cow and pig) I had a case of the  

Is that a Totino's pizza?
hahahahahh

damn right; it's Totinos      can't beat 79cent pizza

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
showmethebombs : My diet was the following:

Marriott School Foods (campus meal plan)
the dorms all 4 years)
here's an interesting food for thought: did you know marriott also serves prison food??? yeah, and we wondered why it tasted like crap

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yup... I'm curently in college, but I don't eat too bad. Currently I've been living off Sonic drive-in coupons. I can get 2 junior burgers w/cheese and a Med Cherry Coke for $1.83. Or I can get two corn dogs for $1.18. I figure not too shabby. Man, do y'all have any idea how many sandwiches you can get from a Sam's size jar of peanut butter and jar of jelly? It'll feed me for a while.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
For me (and keep in mind that this was in the late '60's) it was hundreds of boxes of Kraft Dinner and various TV dinners, usually with a side of Cannabis. Hey, I did mention it was in the '60's, right? You know what they say, 'if you remember the '60's, you weren't there'

And don't get your plunger, er, nightstick out yet Chain. Haven't touched the stuff in many years.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
99 cent spoecials at the local chole and pukes. I would buy as many as I could afford, take them home and freeze/refrigerate them.

The other college staple for those of us that had ROTC, hmmm, good

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
bubba : 99 cent spoecials at the local chole and pukes.  I would buy as many as I could afford, take them home and freeze/refrigerate them.  

The other college staple for those of us that had ROTC, hmmm, good
Before I clicked your link, I expected SOS, bubba!  Guess that's more proof of my age.

Yupper, I was on the meal plan at school and actually liked some of it.  My favorite was the Sheppard's Pie.  When they did not have that, I was happy I had worked my a*s off during the summer to earn money so I could go to the local burger purveyor.  As the year went on and money began to run out, that turned into Burger King and later Hamburger Helper.  I was happy if I finished the year without resorting to PB&J for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Oh yes, I remember those days...all too well!  Thanks a bunch for reminding (NOT).

BTW, I have reservations tonight for the family at a restaurant that serves great food.  Among others on the menu, Elk and Ostrich are featured.  I'll ask if they offer a grilled cheese sandwich, and if they do...I'll post a culinary report here.

Also btw, weather looks good so I'm taking the 'blade out for a ride in 10 minutes.

Have a good day all, and be reassured, there is indeed LIFE after college food!

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Actualy didnt eat too bad in college (thanks mom), but the few poor years afterwards it was make a huge pot of Spaghetti and eat it for days, grilled cheese sandwiches, and store brand mac and cheese, 3 boxes for 99c.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts