Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would It be a good idea to color calipers? Would it look anything like it does on a car?

granted they aren't that big, i think it'll make my bike stand out just a tad more...white wheels, blue calipers and rim tape?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The only colours I'd even consider are Silver or Gold like Brembo's. Anything else might look a little goofy. Although the calipers have a rough surface for paint to adhere to, if it starts coming off, it'll look bad. There is caliper paints as you probably know for high heat.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only colours I'd even consider are Silver or Gold like Brembo's. Anything else might look a little goofy. Although the calipers have a rough surface for paint to adhere to, if it starts coming off, it'll look bad. There is caliper paints as you probably know for high heat.

yea been looking for any pictures that anyone has done, but cant find any...just was considering it to add a little more touch :rolleyes:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Its down to personal taste, but if you do it you had better do it right, take your time, clean the caliper and prep it. Make sure you use a heat resistant paint. For tips just follow the same as they do on the car sites. White might not be the right colour to go for as it will go off. Blue would look the muts nuts....:cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just fit Brembo's or Harrop's and be done with it - then you'll be drawing attention to something worth looking at.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I painted mine red, barely put any prep work into it. So far it has held up to the heat and all that. I did not use high heat paint either. Just an industrial paint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts