Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can help me out here. A few years back I bought a gauge overlay for my 929 from a place in Canada that made them for all kinds of bikes. I am looking to get one for my 954, but can not remember where or who the place was that I got them from. Any help? Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
bl954rr said:
Just wondering if anyone can help me out here. A few years back I bought a gauge overlay for my 929 from a place in Canada that made them for all kinds of bikes. I am looking to get one for my 954, but can not remember where or who the place was that I got them from. Any help? Thanks.
Blue Gauges

·
Registered
232 Posts
roadrash929 said:
That's what I went with and I love the look. I sent in my gauge cluster on a Tuesday and had it back on Saturday. They replace all the LEDs with the color (I got blue) you want, install the gauge face and wire it in to power indside the cluster.

·
Registered
57 Posts
BigDaddyJ said:
That's what I went with and I love the look. I sent in my gauge cluster on a Tuesday and had it back on Saturday. They replace all the LEDs with the color (I got blue) you want, install the gauge face and wire it in to power indside the cluster.
I've heard a lot of good things about this site. I'm sending mine in this winter (I'm be getten Red) If you can go with these guys.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had red LEDs put in my 954 gauges about a year ago by BlueGauges. Very quick turn around, quality workmanship; but you can't tell anything has been done during the daytime. Not for me, since I rarely ride at night. Not trying to talk anyone into or out of having this done--just an FYI.

·
Registered
122 Posts
BigDaddyJ said:
Good to hear I just sent mine there yesterday.. Hope I get them back by the weekend. :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
garbau said:
I had red LEDs put in my 954 gauges about a year ago by BlueGauges. Very quick turn around, quality workmanship; but you can't tell anything has been done during the daytime. Not for me, since I rarely ride at night. Not trying to talk anyone into or out of having this done--just an FYI.
When you did ride at night, how did they look? Could you still see the gauges ok?

·
Registered
103 Posts
bladerider954 said:
When you did ride at night, how did they look? Could you still see the gauges ok?
They looked cool being red, as I have a red '02 954. Everything is still very legible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
garbau said:
They looked cool being red, as I have a red '02 954. Everything is still very legible.
Did you get an ilumiglo for your gauge or did ou keep it stock. I'm thinking of gettin the ilumiglo just to make it distinctive so i'm not just looking at all red.

·
Registered
103 Posts
bladerider954 said:
Did you get an ilumiglo for your gauge or did ou keep it stock. I'm thinking of gettin the ilumiglo just to make it distinctive so i'm not just looking at all red.
I only had the LEDs changed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
roadrash929 said:
I sent mine out on this past Tuesday and got them TODAY.

check em out I think they are COOL! :thumb:

VERY awesome guy to deal with!! GO GET EM DONE!

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I appreciate it very much!

·
Registered
232 Posts
snigg said:
whats that cost to get the LED's changed to red?
I think it's like $40.00 bucks to just do the red LEDS and $55.00 for the blue. I had both the LEDs and the Ilumiglo face plate done for $130.00 (just like roadrash did). They look great at night, and really pictures just don't do them justice. Scott at Blue Gauges does a great job. He answered all my questions quickly and got my gauge cluster back to me in like 3 days.

I sent mine out on this past Tuesday and got them TODAY.

check em out I think they are COOL!

VERY awesome guy to deal with!! GO GET EM DONE!
Look's good man, they make you want to do some night riding!

Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
BigDaddyJ said:
I think it's like $40.00 bucks to just do the red LEDS and $55.00 for the blue. I had both the LEDs and the Ilumiglo face plate done for $130.00 (just like roadrash did). They look great at night, and really pictures just don't do them justice. Scott at Blue Gauges does a great job. He answered all my questions quickly and got my gauge cluster back to me in like 3 days.

Look's good man, they make you want to do some night riding!

Here's a pic of mine.
Nice I wish I could have done the blue needle but I guess with the plastic on the needle red it didnt make much sense to do blue led under needle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
roadrash929 said:
Nice I wish I could have done the blue needle but I guess with the plastic on the needle red it didnt make much sense to do blue led under needle.
Still looks damn good!! I think I'll get the red LED's and the Ilumiglo gagues just for something different. And I don't think the prices are bad either. :clap:

·
Registered
469 Posts
garbau said:
Haha, where the hell did you expect them to be noticable? They changed the colour, they didn't install RED HID's in the back of the cluster!

·
Registered
122 Posts
FuTAnT said:
Haha, where the hell did you expect them to be noticable? They changed the colour, they didn't install RED HID's in the back of the cluster!
Haha ya its not like you notice the orange leds in the std gauge during the day.. :idunno:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts