Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a long ride the other day and i realized that i was'nt being very polite to my boys when the stock seat makes me slide forward into the tank. The next day at the shop i took the seat off and figured out a good way to tweak the seat level.

Take the seat off and looks at the underside of it, you'll notice 4 rubber mounts. Take the rectangular mounts on the back of the seat off and throw them at somebody, or save them. Next put the seat back into position and look at the hold down tabs that bolt to the subframe. Obviosly the holes don't line up anymore. While pushing the seat down, determine how much the plastic tabs need to be slotted. Use a file and be careful, stegan, you hamfist.

Bolt the seat on and your done. This will lower the back of the seat about 5/16ths of an inch while the front stays the same. I thought it was much more tolerable. Hell yeah!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks,

I love low cost/no cost comfort or performance mods. Kudos.
I'll try it out.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
fusion929rr : I was on a long ride the other day and i realized that i was'nt being very polite to my boys when the stock seat makes me slide forward into the tank.  The next day at the shop i took the seat off and figured out a good way to tweak the seat level.  

Have done that before, so I might have to try the mod and see how it goes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I prefer correct pronunciation as well, Stegen.

You are saying 'Stee-gin', eh?

'ahn-cha-toobie'

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Stegen, Stegan, Stegin, what ever, build a bridge and get over it
It's only the internet, it's not as if we are the irs or something, don't worry how they spell your name, we all know you they are talking about
Start worrying when you known as Mr 11,000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts