Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many other mountain bikers/roadies here on the .org shave legs? Just got my bike out of the shop after being there a week waiting for new Hayes hydraulic disk brake master cylinders. What a difference! Going riding tomorrow for sure and take some more pics.

Photo-hackers, feel free to tweak the image :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Uh oh. This is going to get nasty.
yeah, notice how far back the bike is in the background, if he took the pic standing to close to the bike it would over tower him.... :evilaugh:

:poke:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Mavic said:
Roadie here.....heading to France July 16th to conquer AlpdHuez. 8.9miles averaging 8.4% with max grades of 13%. Local race pics
Here is a pic of me with the biggest win of my 11 year racing career. 120 man field. Haven't raced the bicycle in probably 3 years though. Too bad, I still would love to do it but with work now I couldn't do it half way. It would bug me too much to see all these fools go by me on the climbs that I know I could beat if I put in the proper training. 20 hours a week sucks in the winter time though. It's much easier to just pour some gas in my two wheeled vehicle and go fast.

Oh, I did Alp D'huez in 1996, the year Riis won the tour. It's an over rated climb as most of the riders will tell you. They only rate it so highly because of it's placement in the stage. Usually comes after Mandeline and some other climbs that make it difficult. It's tough in the beginning and there are a few steep pitches at the end near the town but the middle is pretty easy. Just make sure to make that big left turn at the top and don't go straight like Lemond did and like Pantani almost did.

I only stopped shaving my legs last October. Started when I was 15 yrs. old and only grew it out once or twice till now. I turn 28 this year.

-Shrub

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
MacMan said:
Is that a sport drink that you have in you hand :hmm:
I hope bacchus is only drinking his namesake!!

I used to race, road and track, as a junior but then my racing bike became a means of transport rather than competition once I moved to the city. Once I got my baby-blade my pushy didn't see the light of day, until about two months ago when I got back on it to ride about 2kms, I have never been that exhausted or saddle sore (for 4 days afterwards) after a ride. Really should start working on my fitness.

I have never shaved my legs, it all just seemed to much trouble. :idunno:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
bwhip said:
Here's one with the guy who shaves him... :evilaugh:
bwhip, so far you are the winner, hands down (so to speak) :rotfl: . If any of you guys mountain biked in this area you would shave too. It is rare that I don't come home without whapping a cactus of some sort - try tweezing all of those spines out of a very hairy leg! Thanks for the great laughs everyone :D .

edit: And congratulations WetShrub! I know how difficult it is to win any bike race :thumb: .

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sorry I just don't get it. The Shaving the legs thing. :rotfl:

You guys are weird, whats the point, how much faster can it make you go? I think you guys like feeling like a women. :rotfl:

I go mountain bike riding, well not too much anymore, but I never thought of shaving my legs. I would have a 5 o'clock shadow on my legs. How often do you have to shave your legs flamers? Don't you get intchy stuble? Do you shave your pits, and chests too? What about a little heart shaved in your pubes? :rotfl:

What color can does the shaving cream come in... I hope its not pink.

Not trying to make fun of anyone, its your body, just trying to understand why. :huh:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts